Tally or Tally ERP is a powerful accounting software created and sold by Tally Solutions. It is a very popular business accounting software which is used by many small and medium-scale companies.
Tally can be expanded as Transactions Allowed in a Linear Line Yards and is a Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, a type of software that organizations use to manage day-to-day business activities such as accounting, procurement, supply chain operations, and more.
Tally course helps you get accustomed to various facets of the Tally software, its working, and understand basic concepts like profit and loss analysis, bookkeeping, stock maintenance, etc,.
It is not an undergraduate or postgraduate course but a skill development course. Students learn Tally briefly in courses such as BBA, BCom, MCom, and MBA Finance or Banking as a part of their curriculum.
But you need to individually pursue a Tally course in-order to be proficient to use Tally software in day to day business operations.
Tally Course Eligibility
Tally course can be done after completing class 12 education or equivalent school education preferably from the commerce stream. In India, the Tally course is one of the most popular computer courses after 12th Commerce.
Since it’s not a degree you don’t need any other specific qualifications. But some certification courses are only available for Undergraduates & Graduates in commerce, so do check with the course provider if there is any need for additional qualifications.
Though it is not necessary, it would help you if you have basic IT awareness (Windows OS and PC Essentials) and good English communication skills.
Tally Course Job Prospects
You can find a wide variety of jobs after finishing a Tally course. If you don’t have a college degree you can join an entry-level job as a Tally Operator or Tally Accountant. You can proceed on to an Accountancy career after gaining experience.
Other than a Tally Operator job you need an Undergraduate or graduate degree in commerce or finance. Some of the jobs available are:
Tally Course Overview
In a Tally course you first get an introduction of the Tally software, how to install, how to create a company, etc., Then you move to accounting, accounting practices and analytical skills to solve problems using Tally. Accounting using Tally can include:
- Billing – it is a day-to-day activity as well as an essential part of accountancy. When you add an accounting entry, simultaneously a bill is made which has multiple further uses.
- Banking – bank-related activities are performed almost on a daily basis by business owners. You will learn to automate the maintenance of records and processes that are effective for recording accounting transactions useful in timely payments
- Taxation – for businesses it is important to cooperate with Central (Federal) and State Government taxation policies. In the Tally course you will familiarize necessary insights on TDS, GST, VAT, Excise, Income, Customs, etc. You also will learn to calculate direct and indirect tax.
Tally Course Duration
Tally course is a short-term certification course.
It usually takes 2-4 months complete the course
Tally Course Syllabus
Since the Tally course is provided by various course providers and each course focuses on various specializations, there is no uniform Tally course Syllabus available. We will give you a Tally course syllabus that is common for many Tally courses.
Basics of Tally
- How to Install Tally
- How to Create Company in Tally
- Understand the basic features associated with Tally
- Identify the key components of Tally
Principles of Taxation
- Procedure of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), and Tax Collected at Source (TCS), their Calculation and implementing it in Tally
- Understanding GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- GST on Fixed Assets and Recording Input Tax Credit
- GST Reverse Charge Mechanism in Tally
- ITC (Input Tax Credit) Liability Payment
- GST Detail Report
- GST Transaction Report & Payment
- Multiple GST Rate In Single Invoice
- GST on Services
- Mix Supply
- Learn old taxation like VAT, CST, Service Tax as well. As those are still relevant.
Accounting and Inventory Management
- Introduction to Stock & Inventory Management in Tally
- Let to set up Inventory details and generate filtered reports
- Learn to create and alter a Ledger
- Understanding Voucher Entry and checking Balance sheet and Profit and Loss Account
- Types of Voucher & Interest Calculation
- Payroll in Tally – Managing Attendance, Pay-heads, Overtime, Payslip, etc,.
- Learn complete Corporate Payroll set up that complies with Govt. prescribed deduction rates
- Budget & Operating Expense
- Sales and Purchase Order Processing
- How to process Delivery Note (Receipt Note), Rejection In, Rejection Out, Sales & Credit Note and Debit Note (Purchase Return) in Tally
- Bill of Materials (BOM) – Learn in how many ways Bill of material can be generated.
- Manufacturing Process, Procurement Process, and Godown & Bill Quantity Discount
- MIS Reports
- POS (Point of Sale) – Different actual and billed quantities
- Learn how POS sales bill is generated in Tally
- Stock category & Price list and Item Cost Tracking & Batch Detail
- Eway Bill
- Learn to transfer account information from physical to Tally Software
- Accounting Basics
- Cost Center and Cost Categories
- Accounting Transaction
- Banking Transactions
- Business Transaction & Reports
- Basics of banking interest calculation and simple interest calculation
- Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Limit
Tally Course Providers
There are many online courses to learn Tally software. Some Tally courses are even free. We will some of the popular Tally courses here:
Accounting with Tally.ERP9
Accounting with Tally.ERP9 is a certificate course in which you learn how to record the business transactions and manage the accounts information for an organization to solve your day-to-day tasks using the Tally software. You also learn to use productivity tools such as MS Word and MS Excel for financial analysis and report making.
- 36 hours of course classroom content
- Contact course provider for fee details
Tally course with Accounting and GST
Tally course with Accounting and GST is a free Tally course that covers Tally features related to Accounting, Billing, Sales and Profit Analysis, Banking, Inventory, Taxation (GST, TDS, TCS) and more.
This course offers 23+ hours of video course content, 19 exercises and 62 downloadable resources.
- Free of cost
- It is also available in Hindi language
- You get career guidance and certificate at the end of the course
Tally ERP 9 + TallyPrime + GST – Practical Training
Tally ERP 9 + TallyPrime + GST – Practical Training is a crash course on Tally with Accounting, Inventory, Sales & Purchase Order, TDS, TCS, Payroll, GST and many more. You get training on both Tally ERP 9 and the latest TallyPrime.
- Fee – $42 (₹3,200)
- Comes with 8.5 hours video course content
- Offers 11 downloadable resources
- Provide certificate of completion