B.Com course (Bachelor of Commerce) is an undergraduate degree course that provides conceptual understanding in Business Communication, Accounting, Economics, Business Law, Taxation, Insurance and Management.
B.Com programme focuses both on study of theory along with developing professional and research skills. It aims to familiarize you with the core financial foundations of businesses, companies, institutions, etc,. You could understand topics of wide relevance including banking, mutual fund, corporate tax, and accounting.
Aspirants seeking a career in the area of Finance and Accounting could apply for B.Com course. It also lays the foundation for higher management education and it is the base for the purpose of higher research studies like M.Com and MBA.
After complting the B.Com course you could also avail wide employment opportunities and employability skills in the field of Commerce and Industry.
Applicants must have:
- HSC – 10+2 from a recognised board – At least 50% marks
- If you have passed HSC (10+2) with less than 50% marks you require minimum 2 years work experience
- SSC – 10+3 diploma from a recognised institute – At least 50% marks
- Applicants must possess sufficient knowledge and understanding of English language & communication. Some international institutions may ask for English language proficiency test such as IELTS.
- O level Certificate (10 years of schooling)
- A level Certificate (12 years of schooling)
B.Com Course Job Prospects
B.Com course opens the doors for a variety of fields such as Accounting, Finance, Tax and Management experts. Firms in various fields such as Marketing, Banks, Foreign Trade, Public Accounting, Investment Banking, Industrial Houses, Educational Institutes, and many more hire B.Com graduates.
B.Com program prepares you to take up various roles such as:
B.Com course opens the doors to career opportunities like Chartered Accountancy (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Work Accountancy (CWA), Insurance & Banking services.
In India B.Com graduates can get a job with ₹4,00,000/- per annum salary. You could rise in career and earn higher salary if you pursue higher education in the field of your choice.
B.Com Course Overview
B.Com students can attain managerial competence in various skills in the area of Financial Management. They can understand topics of wide relevance including banking, mutual fund, corporate tax, and accounting.
B.Com course equips the learners with the knowledge of Accounting Principles, Laws, Import-export, and other areas that impact Trade and Economy.
The course is structured into 6 semesters and you get 6 months per semester
- Semester 1 – Learn the concepts of business, accounting, and managerial economics and how to apply economic laws and theories to make sound business decisions.
- Semester 2 – Learn the essentials to run a business, and marketing management and computer basics to entrepreneurship.
- Semester 3 – Learn financial management and cost accounting through real-life instances. Understand the disciplines of market and employment and application of financial analysis.
- Semester 4 – Understand corporate finance and explore indirect taxes and i the process of issuing shares and debentures. Get insights into management of human resources, policies and practices.
- Semester 5 – Gain knowledge of investment options and associated risks, international trade and finance. Understand cost and management accounting techniques and prepare management reports.
- Semester 6 – Familiarize with principles and practice of auditing, various tax laws and understand effective and ethical management of an organization and systems.
In many online courses students get to choose an area of expertise in the 3rd year. It is aimed to get you ready for a professional setting.
Students who want to pursue B.Com course offered by an educational institution in another country you can do it online using their Online/Distant programme.
Why pursue B.Com course Online?
- You get to choose an internationally reputed institution
- Get educated by globally known educators
- The fees are less compared to offline classes
- Students can learn at their own pace
- Have time to pursue additional courses and skills
B.Com Course Duration
The B.Com course duration takes Minimum 3 years & Max 6 years. The course is 3 years but you can take time to pass the exam within 6 years.
There is a total of 6 semesters and has 126 Credits – 130 Credits. You need to commit to 15-20 hours/week.
B.Com Course Syllabus
- Principles of Management
- Business Communication
- Business Environment – Organisation & Management
- Financial Accounting
- Environmental Sciences (Elective -1)
- English Communication skills
- Office Automation Tools
- Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Mercantile Law (Business Law)
- Company Law
- Macro Economics
- Business Mathematics Statistics For Decision Making
- Environment and Disaster Management (Elective -2)
- Advanced English Communication Skills
- Auditing – 1
- Merchant Banking and Financial Services
- Managerial Economics
- Income Tax Law and Practice
- Banking and Insurance
- Financial Management
- Cost Accounting
- International Business & Export Import Management
- Introduction to Analytics
- Management Accounting
- Auditing -2
- Insurance Management
- Office Management
- Corporate and Information Technology Law
- Fundamentals Of Taxation Research Methodology
- Retail Marketing Management
- Project Management
- Financial Institutions & Markets
- Financial statement Analysis
- Investment Products & Analysis
- Computerized Accounting System
- Financial Reporting
- Goods and Services Tax and Customs Law
- Corporate Accounting
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Strategic Management
- Financial Modelling
- Emerging Trends in Accountancy
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Major Project
Bachelor of Commerce at Jain Online
Jain Online University is a UGC Entitled online degree programs in India. Jain offers 3 variants for B.Com course each involves approximately 120 hours of learning.
You get to learn with a 2-way live online audio-video lectures, pre-recorded video lectures, and e-content/ printed material for in-depth reference.
- B.Com with elective Accounting & Finance
It aims to get thorough understanding of advanced courses like Forensic Accounting, FinTech, IFRS, etc,. Total Fee for this course is ₹105,000/- ($1,400 USD)
- B.Com with elective in Professional Accounting & Finance (Integrated with CMA, US)
It is aligned with requirements of globally renowned professional certification, US CMA and you get CMA exam guidance.
Total Fee for this course is ₹234,000/- ($3,135 USD)
- B.Com with elective in International Finance & Accounting (Accredited by ACCA, UK)Provides the highest level of exemptions towards ACCA (The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) Professional Qualification. All P-Level courses including Essentials are also incorporated in the curriculum.Total Fee for this course is ₹240,000/- ($3,215 USD)
You also get:
- Value Added Programs on LinkedIn Learning
- Online Mentorship, Career Guidance and Job Connect available
- Can pay fees with education loans
Amity University Online, based in India and is recognized by UGC. Amity offers an online B.COM Degree is designed to develop the students business acumen, financial literacy, and analytical skills.
- Attend daily live classes, activities, discussion forums, communications, etc.
- Get certificate in Advanced Excel and Professional skills
- Can engage in Career Webinars, Virtual Job Fairs etc.
- Fee for Indian students – ₹165,000 ($2,210 USD)
- Fee for International students – ₹455,000 ($6,096 USD)
NMIMS Global Access, India offers an online Bachelor of Commerce in commerce and finance. It aims to give you a strong foundation in essentials of commerce and gain understanding about emerging trends in accountancy.
- The total fee comes to ₹94,000/- for 3 years. Can be payed in smaller installments.
- In addition to B.Com course curriculum they also provide Soft Skills and Tally ERP training
- With additional fee they also provide placement assistance service
It is a Bachelor of Commerce degree offered by Deakin University, Australia. Both Australian domestic and International students can enroll for this online course which they call Cloud campus. In this B.Com course you have to choose a specialization such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, Financial Planning, Human Resource Management, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing.
- The Accounting major is recognized by Australian CPA, CA ANZ, IPA and ACCA.
- Other majors are also recognized by various Australian institutions
- Fee for domestic students – $13,389 for 1 yr (AUD)
- Fee for international students – $35,800 for 1 yr (AUD)
Thompson Rivers University, Canada provides an online Bachelor of Commerce degree is available for Canadian domestic and international students.
This distance B.Com course offers several specializations that help you ready yourself for a professional designation after graduation. The specializations are accounting, finance, general management, human resources, leadership, marketing, and technology.
The fee requirements differ for Canadian citizens or permanent resident status and international students. But they charge you $136.74/per subject. You can calculate the total fees based on the number of paper in your specialization.